October audition : Soprano et Alto
The Studio de musique ancienne de Montréal (SMAM) will hold auditions for soprano and alto desks. The call for nominations will run from September 2nd to the 16th; auditions will be on October 14th & 15th, in the evening. NOTE: A call for nominations for the tenor and bass desks will follow in February 2016.
SMAM singers are known for the purity and clarity of their voices. Thus, only high calibre candidates will be selected.
Interested candidates are invited to send the following documents:
- a letter of intent;
- curriculum vitae;
- two recordings (MP3, 10 MB or less), at least one of which is a Renaissance or Baroque work.
- Only candidates selected for the audition will be contacted.
- For the audition, while no specific material is required, it is highly recommended candidates present at least one Renaissance or Baroque work.
- Candidates who wish to perform with accompaniment at the audition should provide their own.
- All the candidates chosen following the audition process will have to become a member of the Artists’ Union.
For more information, please contact Maurice-G. Du Berger at (514) 861-2626 ext 2 or by email at email@example.com
– 30 –
“Praised for its “rich-textured, vibrant sound” and “hypnotic beauty”, the Studio de musique ancienne de Montréal has established a reputation as Montréal’s finest early music vocal ensemble. Composed of 10 to 13 singers chosen for the remarkable clarity and purity of their voices, the Studio was founded in 1974 by the organist and harpsichordist Christopher Jackson, whose inspired leadership continues to this day.“